Friday, July 5, 2013

CU4CU AT THE BEACH SAND STYLES FREEBIE!

Pixel Scrapper is having an August 2013 "At The Beach" blogtrain challenge in the works right now that I am  participating in and anytime I am starting a kit, the first thing I do is start making templates to use and layer styles to help in my designs....I LOVE layer styles, LOVE to make them and LOVE to share them. So, with this blogtrain theme being "At The Beach", I needed to come up with something, well, beachy! I thought, sand, water, weather worn wood (like the old pickett fence in the sand you always see at the beach), and maybe something to make distressed elements and stickers. So I got to work and managed to make them all this week, and believe me, it was WORK, because I had no idea where to start, lol! I started with sand. I wanted as realistic looking sand as I could find. So I found a tutorial on how to make a sand pattern, it was good, but not realistic. I searched high and lo for a good tutorial, but could not find one. At least not one I liked,lol. It wasn't until I found a tutorial on how to make a drawing in the sand that I found my break! The texture that this tutorial used was a prickly bush texture and I thought it was weird, but I could not believe the difference that it made in the texture I was soooo wanting in my sand. I used that same texture (comes with photoshop) with my sand pattern I made using filters and clouds, and then played with the layer style settings for two days until it finally looked AWESOME to me and I was like "VOILA", as I heard angels singing "hallelujah" in the background, lol......ANYWAY, so here they are. AND, I made them in several different sand colors. There are 6 sand styles that come in .asl and .psd formats. I also added the .jpg's for those who do not have photoshop. These are CU4CU so you may use them in your designs to sell or give away and license however you want:) Just please be a sweety and don't sell or give away the actual layer styles themselves:)
I am super excited and I hope you like them as much as I do. And stay tuned for the next layer style I was off to make, the WATER style!!! It will be added in my next beachapaloosa post:)lol!

DOWNLOAD ASL FORMAT at mediafire.
DOWNLOAD PSD FORMAT at mediafire.
DOWNLOAD JPG'S at mediafire.



27 comments:

  1. I'm new to your blog and designs - WOW! Thank you for sharing your talents! I love to do digital scrapbooking, but I'm not good at it :) HA! Thank you for making me look better than I am. Annie P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sheila for sharing! I am hoping to participate in the train!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are FANTASTIC! How did you know I was grumbling and desperately looking for sand styles the other day? I am a style addict so this makes me extremely giddy-happy!

    You are awesome to create all these beautiful things and share them so generously with all of us. I want to be JUST like you when I grow up! Thank you, Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! - great styles!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing your talent. I just downloaded several of your CU freebies. Love this sand style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I love styles and can't wait for the beach BT!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for these great styles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOOHAH! This was just what I needed to finish up my add-on pack for the Pixelscrapper August Blogtrain. Thank you so much for doing all the hard work for me Sheila! I love you to pieces right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Shelia. These will come in handy. Looking forward to seeing your finished kit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really appreciate all of your beach related styles. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for making these...just fantastic!

    ~ Janet Scott

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank your for sharing!
    find some freebies for you too on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've just grabbed all the beach items. Thanks so much. Sorry I can't leave comments on each but with word verification on it just takes too long. I'm off to grab you PS collaboration now.

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are awesome, thank you so much! I wasn't going to participate in the blog train this month but I'm getting super inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for the sand styles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for all that you are sharing!! I haven't done any designing (just scrapping), but I'm feeling inspired!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for this set Sheila - perfect for an upcoming Steampunk Mermaid project!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. WoW! These are great! You are such a hard worker and your hard work paid off in a beautiful product. THank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these!! I've wanted to create a "sand effect" before now and not known how! Thank you so much for sharing these, Sheila! ~M x

    ReplyDelete
  20. These sand styles are awesome! Thanks for so freely sharing the results of your hard work.

    ReplyDelete