Monday, July 23, 2012

CU4CU Silly String Layer Styles Freebie!

NOW CU4CU!  YOU MAY USE THESE TO MAKE YOUR OWN RESALE OR FREE DESIGNS
AND LICENSE THEM AS CU!!
Have you ever tried to scan and extract a string? Or, take a photo of a string, bring it into Photoshop
and extract it? It is so hard. At least for me, by the time I'm done extracting, I've taken so much off it
looks more like a thread. And forget buying some CU strings, I just can't afford it, and then you see the same string in other kits....you have to really be creative with it, make it unique.  I soooo wanted to just get my drawing pad, throw down some quick unique doodles, and at the  click of a button instantly turn it into a string. So, I was off to figure out how to make a descent string
style. I tried so many different textures and blending modes, and I finally found something I like. Granted, they are never gonna be real...but they look real! At least to me...So try these out and see what you think. I bet you could even make a bow out of them with a bow action, or just using a bow template...I took some freyed ends from a real string and played around with it, then added it to the ends of the strings and made some cute strings with freyed ends! There are a lot of possibilities.
So, play around with it, design something unique for your kits, or pages that you want to scrap:) Anyways, I hope you enjoy them and I hope you have a blessed week filled with creativity and happy scrapping!:)

Oh, and don't forget to leave some love!!





19 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! This is an awesome layer style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! These are great! So glad Hummie told us about this freebie. Hope you come back to HW to design for her someday soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. merci pour ce cadeau

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you are so much more talented than I am! I'm still struggling with some PS basics....goodness. Thank you so much for making this and sharing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great too. Thank you. I like to add glitter to them or paper and a gloss on top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the comments:) That's a neat idea with the glitter and gloss. I LOVE glitter. I also thought about making an alpha with it...lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG-I've been looking for something like this for soooo long!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you did an excellent job! I have no idea how to use my Photoshop hardly at all. I feel so dumb. I gladly download talented people's work, however! Thank you very much for sharing yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sheila, thank you!! I tried to create a string one time and after hours I just couldn't come up with anything, so thank you again!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are awesome Sheila. It sounds like you spent many hours doing them. Thank you for sharing so freely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are adorable! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect! Just what I was looking for. TY!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for all the beautiful freebies. Good bless you always

    ReplyDelete